Thursday, June 17, 2010

What I Believe

So I have been putting thought into what I believe is right when it comes to being a parent. And I think I've come up with a pretty good list here of what I feel is right and correct.

Mothers should breastfeed. If it is not possible (an extremely rare thing), moms should have access to affordable donar milk.

Infants and toddlers should cosleep with their parents when breastfeeding, and sleep in the same room when bottle feeding. If cosleeping does not work, they should be in the same room.

Spanking is never an appropriate discipline. I have many reasons for this, which in later posts I will go into detail about.

Every child is different, and a mother should assess her child based on what she feels is right.

Doctors, more often than not, do not know how to raise children and should not be listened to like they preach the gospel of child rearing.

Child rearing books that are written by non professionals (IE: not a doctor, nurse, or psychologist) are fodder for bonfires.

Child rearing books that are written by professionals should be approached carefully.

Cry It Out (also known as Controlled crying, Ferberizing) is NEVER appropriate. Again, another hot button issue for me, I guarantee to go into large detail for my reasons in later posts.

Hrm. That is about it for now. I may have more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment